To apply for these jobs, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a strategic investor in Tanzania and has set up a cement manufacturing plant. The plant has a capacity of 610,000 MTPA and is the most modern in East Africa. It started commercial production in July 2014. The manufacturing facility is fully integrated and includes mining, clinkerisation and grinding.
They have a 10 MW thermal captive power plant for the continuous supply of electricity and running of the plant and were the first cement company in East Africa to install a thermal power plant.
Please find below current openings at the company. These are low/mid-level managers/engineers to start with.
Accommodation, Canteen Facility etc for all the three positions will be provided.
CCR Kiln Operator
- 6 - 8 Years of experience in cement plant
- Having sound knowledge in Operation of Kiln, Pyroprocess
- Operate, Control and adjust the operating parameters of Pre-calciner kiln accordance with operating procedures and approved safety and environment procedures.
- Optimize the specific power and heat consumption.
- To follow the clinker quality with lab during the shift operation.
- Maintain an accurate log and record keeping, inform to his superiors on operating conditions and for the coordination of overall shift activities and effective coordination with maintenance activities.
- Diagnose and trouble potential operating problems, either in consultation with seniors or independently when immediate action is necessary to ensure continuity of production.
- Assist in the maintenance job with respect to the refractory lining to ensure the quality and quantity of lining.
- Monitor and control all process parameter conditions such as flow rates, pressures, temperatures, levels, etc, through displays, graphics and trend logs.
- Communicate to Operation supervisor immediately in case of an abnormal condition.
- Guide and advice field operator in preparing equipment for maintenance including isolation, draining, steaming, and other procedures as required.
- Record and maintain accurate, timely log data of equipment and closely follow their performance.
- Takes immediate corrective actions to limit risk to personnel, plant equipment and production during emergency situations
- Assist in studying the problem and issues arising in the operation and process to identify suitable solutions.
- The CCR Operator gives necessary support to the maintenance team to ensure work completion.
- Monitor the consumption of Raw materials, Coal and other Utility consumables.
- After completing breakdown, preventive maintenance or a shutdown job, review the feedback received from the field operator.
- Identify a change to equipment that alters the original specification and report it.
- Undertakes investigation and fault identification in the plant equipment.
- Identifies specific faults and correction of fault as per failure/ reliability analysis reporting procedure.
- 6- 8 Years of experience in Cement Plant
- Having sound knowledge in Cement & Thermal Power Plant process
- Diploma in Electrical / Electronic Engineering with 4 to 5 years’ experience in a modern cement manufacturing unit ( OR)
- Degree in EEE / E&I / ECE with 2 to 3 years’ experience in a modern cement manufacturing unit.
1. He will be responsible for upkeep the following Control & Automation equipment’s used in a modern dry process cement manufacturing unit:
- Programmable Logic Controller.
- Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition system.
- Field Instruments (Temperature, Pressure, Flow & Level transmitters)
- Weighing Equipment’s (Weigh feeders, Bin Weighing system, SFM, Weighbridge, etc.)
2. Logic development for the new and development projects.
3. X-Ray Analyzer.
4. Electronic Packing Machin
4. Spare parts planning for the Programmable Logic Controller and field instruments.
5. On job training to the subordinates.
6. Implementation of Computerized Maintenance Management System.
7. Testing of logic and maintaining the software backups.
8. Maintenance and calibration of all field instruments used in cement & Thermal Power Plant.
9. Documentation and Recordkeeping of Quality Management System.
Chief Fleet Mechanic
- 12 - 15 Years of experience as Mechanic – Preferable experience in Scania R420 & Howo trucks
- Perform maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs trucks, automobiles and off-road equipment in a safe, efficient, quality minded manner
- Knowledge of engines and controls, transmissions and controls, brakes and suspensions and hydraulics
- Skilled in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on trucks and equipment
Perform repair work on vehicles such as breakdowns, malfunctions and emergency roadside repair in a safe, efficient, and quality manner.(Degree of importance: High-40% of job)
- Perform operation test prior to repairs to verify the complaint
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturers specifications including engines, transmissions and clutches, suspension and steering, fuel and ignition (gas and diesel), electrical systems, brakes, and HVAC systems
- Follow paper-flow procedures including documenting correct mileage/hours, save and tag all warranty and core parts, document all repairs on work order using complaint, cause, and correction format, follow parts ordering/billing procedures.
- Perform the final operational test on all vehicles to quality-check all repairs
- Ensure that customers vehicles are kept clean and washed after the repair is completed
Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, productivity, and life of the unit. (Degree of importance: Average-25% of job)
- Perform preventive maintenance on trucks such as fluid changes, lubrication, safety inspections, and brake repairs.
- Examine vehicle to determine if any additional safety or repair work is needed.
Perform maintenance and repair welding on equipment. Fabricate parts as required including any design work needed (Degree of importance: Low-10% of job)
- Inspect for cracks or damage to assess needed repair
- Fabricate parts as needed to complete repair including any design work
- Perform welding repair to manufacturer’s guidelines
All other duties as assigned