To apply for these jobs, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Refrigeration Mechanic performs maintenance, service, and repairs on Commercial Refrigeration Container Units and Split Systems utilizing knowledge of refrigeration, electrical, and mechanical principles.
- Maintain, service, troubleshoot, repair, and properly charge Container Refrigeration systems according to manufacturer specifications
- Identify, adjust, repair, or replace defective mechanical, electrical, and electronic components
- Remove, replace, and properly dispose of system refrigerants, compressor, oil, filter, and dryer
- Estimate and order materials and supplies needed
- Complete maintenance and repair records
- Lead and advise Helpers
- Maintain and account for all tools, parts, equipment, and instruments assigned
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of how to maintain, repair, and install Container Refrigeration equipment and use gauges and instruments to observe and test Refrigeration systems
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe operation of power tools, hand tools, oxygen, and acetylene equipment employed in maintenance and repair, including the use of voltmeter, amp meter, refrigerant charging gauges, vacuum analyzer, vacuum pump, and refrigerant reclaim equipment
- Able to read and interpret documents such as electrical and refrigeration schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manual
- Skilled in properly analyzing and adjusting thermostat, expansion valve, fan cycling control, hot gas and electric defrost controls
- Able to reclaim refrigerant, cut, bend, braze, solder, and connect the pipe to functional components on the refrigeration system
Experience & Education
- Minimum three (3) years refrigeration maintenance and repair experience to include Container Refrigeration units, Semi-Hermetic and Open/Belt Driven Compressors
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- EPA Section 608 Universal Certification or Verifiable Host Country Certification and/or license in Freon Recovery/Recycling
- Prefer Thermo King or Carrier Container experience
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
Legal Officer- Logistics, Courier and Supply Chain
Advice, guide and support the Executive Management on all legal aspects of administrative matters related to business agreements, contracts, leases and managing both internal and external legal concerns.
- Participating in providing well researched legal advice and interpretation of various Company and labor related matters;
- Ensuring continuous compliance with laws, rules and regulations in the Company;
- Handling the registration of the organization’s intellectual property rights for its products and services;
- Preparing, vetting and negotiating official legal documents to protect the interests of the Company;
- Supporting the review and drafting of contract agreements and ensuring that they are in compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Conducting searches on titles, drafting transfer documents and ensuring timely registration of the same;
- Conducting legal due diligence on all the customers, contractors, suppliers etc. before they enter into any dealings with the Company;
- To support investigations, in relation to fraud, aid diversion, and, if suitably trained safeguarding.
- Supporting the development of policies and standard operating procedures.
- Liaising with external legal councils on legal matters affecting the Board.
- Verifying all contracts, agreements, leases in which the Board enters into to ensure compliance.
- Advising the Management on legal aspects of administrative matters.
- Undertaking research on assigned legal issues.
- Keeping an updated record of all court cases.
- Attend to internal company queries of legal nature in the facilitation of normal business.
- Maintenance of accreditation and ISO certification.
- Filing of various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the Companies Law
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified as appropriate courses of action have been taken
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Well-developed negotiation skills;
- Strong interpersonal, organizing and coordinating skills;
- Ability to work independently, in a team
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions independently.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB);
- CPS(K), level two or an equivalent;
- Three (3) years post pupilage work experience; Must have experience in a supply chain, logistics and courier environment;
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with labour laws; commercial contract administration and/or government related matters;
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management;
- Excellent data analysis, report writing and presentation skills.
Civil/Structural Engineer Job
The Civil Engineer is involved in engineering design, project costing, tender documentation, tendering processes, project management, and construction supervision as well as oversee maintenance of infrastructure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities for the Civil/Structural Engineer Job:
- Prepares and designs airport civil engineering developments/ improvements in line with the Master Plan for review and approval.
- Participates in preparation of the Engineering department budget proposals to ensure that engineering works are planned
- Prepares tender documentation for tendering
- Liaises with Contractors, Consultants and stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective performance of the project works with minimum interference in airport operations
- Undertakes projects supervision as per plan of works
- Ensures quality assurance measures are followed for compliance with set standards of the civil works.
- Receives and evaluates project fee notes for approval.
- Maintains records of the civil works project cycle at all stages from inception to the end and ensures project close out in line with the project agreement
- Ensures post-contract period management/supervision services and to ascertain that warranties have been provided, and the completed facilities meet operational targets/requirements.
- Prepares proposals for use by different departments either in budgeting, estimates or decision –making & prepares civil engineering facilities status reports and action programmes to sustain/upgrade service standards. Civil/Structural Engineer Job Qualifications
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Membership to professional bodies such as Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) and membership of Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK)
- A Minimum of Eight (8) years of work experience with at least three (3) years Managerial/Supervisory experience